Halo Wars DLC 2 “Historic Battles” map pack release date set!
Here it is folks! Robot Entertainment have announced what all the Halo Wars fans have been waiting for since well.. the last DLC! “Historic Battles” is the name of the second DLC and this time we have a bunch of new maps as detailed below. Theres 2x 1v1, 1x 2v2 and 1x 3v3 maps along with 4 new achievements worth 100 gamerscore. The map pack costs a reasonable 800 points. Be ready to download on July 21st!
And here they are! :
Glacial Ravine (3v3)
Memorial Basin (2v2)
Blood River (1v1)
The press release from HaloWars.com follows:
You think you know every nook and cranny of every “Halo Wars” map? If you need to stretch out your UNSC or Covenant legs, mobilize your troops and report for duty at your next assignment in “Halo Wars,” the best selling real-time strategy game on any current generation console. Microsoft and Robot Entertainment expand the field of engagement with four new multiplayer Skirmish maps that highlight key turning points in the UNSC/Covenant war. Take on ruthless A.I. or live opponents in these brand new battlefields with the “Historic Battles” Game Add-on Pack, available on July 21 for 800 MS Points in all Xbox LIVE enabled regions.
“Historic Battles” expands the universe for “Halo Wars” fans with four new multiplayer maps with varied terrains for players to find their competitive edge by using unique features of each map. The four new maps include:
• Barrens (1v1 Map): Difficult terrain channels units into killing zones. The side that controls the Forerunner artifacts will have the advantage.
• Blood River (1v1 Map): Secure base locations on nearby cliffs overlook this naturally red-tinged river. The soldiers that fought over its two narrow crossings gave the river its name, which has since taken on a greater meaning.
• Glacial Ravine (3v3 Map): A snow-topped mountain range forms a natural barrier that cuts this region in half. Control of the two energy walls at the narrow central pass often determines the outcome of the battle, though clever use of the Sentinel Factories may play a role as well.
• Memorial Basin (2v2 Map): The high ground in the middle offers good cover for infantry, while the generally open terrain transforms organized battle plans into bloodbaths.
“Historic Battles” also adds four new Achievements worth a total of 100 points:
• Tour Coming Through: Hot drop 50 squads to your Covenant Leader in a single game on Memorial Basin (30 points)
• Never Leave a Man Behind: Finish a game with 5000 net resources contributed to your teammates on Memorial Basin (15 points)
• Drain Cleaner: Kill 20 enemy squads with a continuous Covenant Leader Power on Memorial Basin (30 points)
• Killjoy: Disrupt 5 active Leader Powers in a single game on Blood River (25 points)
“Halo Wars” is rated T for Teen by the ESRB and 16+ PEGI and is available worldwide. For more information including screenshots from the “Historic Battle” Game Add-on, www.Halo.Xbox.com visit or www.HaloWars.com.
I am very looking forward to playing these maps on Xbox Live! See you on July 21st!
Share your thoughts, post a comment.
You must be logged in to post a comment.